4th XBRL Asia Roundtable and XBRL National Conference:
23-24 May in Suzhou, China
With the support of the Membership Development Committee, a group of Asia stakeholders host an annual conference focused on regional participation in the development of XBRL taxonomies, project experiences and the exchange of information by interested parties.
The 4th XBRL Asia Roundtable and China National Conference will be hosted by the China Ministry of Finance (MoF).
The XBRL Asia Roundtable brings together Jurisdiction Representatives, XBRL experts, project leaders and national regulators from throughout Asia to discuss topics of common interest. The event is by invitation to qualified individuals only
Registratino for the Asia Roundtable is closed.
Past Asian Roundtables
2010 - Tokyo, Japan
The Bank of Japan hosted the 1st XBRL Asia Workshop on 10-11 March 2010. The two-day XBRL Asia Workshop was a roundtable discussion attended by representatives from Japan, China, India, Iraq and Singapore from the region as well as International guests from the IASB, XBRL- US and XBRL International, Inc.
Highlights of the event:
- The XBRL Jurisdiction leaders shared updates on local projects & activities
- The Bank of Tokyo presented a Case Study on the use of XBRL for Credit Analysis and Tax Filing
- The Tokyo Stock Exchange and JFSA provided updates to their projects as well as plan to adopt XBRL and IFRS
- An update of assurance considerations related to XBRL filings in Japan
2011 - Mumbai, India
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), jointly with XBRL India and Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, hosted the 2nd XBRL Asian workshop February 17th and 18th, 2011.
The closed door workshop with over 50 participants from Japan, Singapore, Poland, Iran, USA and Europe, also had representatives from the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Reserve Bank of India, Insurance and Regulatory Authority of India. The workshop served as a platform to share experiences of financial sector regulators. In the workshop the participants showcased how XBRL enhances ‘Data Accuracy’, ‘Efficiency of Reporting Process’ and `Information Democracy’. The participants also stressed on the importance of participation and involvement of stakeholders in taxonomy building. The other uses of XBRL filings for banks, tax authorities and corporate action and the ability to translate and display data in various languages were also highlighted. At the end of the workshop, need for further cooperation amongst Asian jurisdictions in areas such as spreading awareness about XBRL and developing expertise in the subject through certification programmes was identified.
2012 - Singapore
The Accounting and Corporate Regulaltory Authority of Singapore hosted the 3rd Asia Roundtable from 10-11 May 2012. Discussion topics included:
- Updates on Projects/Activities in the Region by country, including statistics, implementation advice and other best practice guidance.
- Strategic discussions on how to identify new opportunities for using XBRL in each country
- Breakout Sessions on Jurisdiction management, including membership recruitment and retention; governance and building a stakeholder community.
- Insight and results from the Taxonomy Summit held at XBRL24, including best practice guidance, IFRS, translations and the development of “non-traditional” taxonomies such as the Islamic taxonomies under development in UAE and Malaysia.