Base Specification and Maintenance WG
The Base Specification and Maintenance Working Group serves the XBRL community by providing and documenting authoritative interpretations of the XBRL 2.1 specification and by resolving minor issues by way of errata corrections and extensions to the XBRL 2.1 conformance suite.
- Maintenance of the XBRL 2.1 Specification by way of Errata Corrections including editorial changes to the Specification Document but excluding changes in regard to the implementation of new business requirements, changes in the underlying XML syntax or changes in the meaning of the concepts defined in the document.
- Maintenance of the XBRL 2.1 Conformance Suite including the creation of new test cases
- Address external interoperability issues
- The issue of XBRL Interpretative Notes
- Monitor the adoption of the XBRL 2.1 Specification.
- Provide help on technical issues regarding the XBRL 2.1 specification.
- Develop the Generic Linkbase
- Architecture of the XBRL technical framework regarding extension modules
- Other relevant activities as determined from time to time by the XBRL International Standards Board
Vendors, developers and advisors working on XBRL applications.