Preserve. Promote. Participate
After careful deliberations and consideration of worldwide input received from XII’s February 2010 Discussion Document, the XBRL Standards Board developed “Preserve. Promote. Participate. Moving XBRL Forward,” a core vision document that outlines six strategic initiatives to continue the momentum of the XBRL standard.
1. Create an abstract model to provide a conceptual framework for understanding
XBRL and give developers a strong foundation for implementing XBRL solutions.
2. Produce quality training materials to support developers and educate those
new to XBRL.
3. Define standard Application Programming Interface (API) signatures that
enable software applications to more easily and consistently connect with XBRL
4. Reorganize the existing XBRL technical specification to make it more
readable and easier to understand.
5. Enhance data comparability to enable richer analysis across a wider set of
data, regardless of project boundaries.
6. Create application profiles to simplify the application development process by
decomposing the XBRL technology stack into smaller components.
A copy of the Strategic Document can be found here.