XBRL GL WG
Gianluca Garbellotto, Chair
The purpose of the GL Working Group is to facilitate the development, acceptance, and adoption of the Global Ledger semantic framework and on the use of XBRL taxonomies as its primary representational technology. The XBRL Global Ledger Framework represents the financial and non-financial facts that flow to reporting and come from transactions. XBRL GL will increase corporate transparency by tagging detailed business transactions and the master files supporting them, and allowing summarization at any level.
- Demonstrate GL/FR linkage via proofs of concept using realistic data sets - feedback into the taxonomy design
- Produce additional guidance such as the "Conceptual Guide"
- Encourage adoption by continued outreach and information sessions
- Further develop supporting documents (GLTFTA and GLIS) based on actual implementation experience
- Maintenance and enhancements of the XBRL GL Framework modular taxonomies based on market feedback.
- XBRL and non-XBRL projects where representation of detail and transaction level data is relevant.
- ERP, accounting, data integration and auditing software vendors and in-house developers.
- People and entities involved in auditing processes and data integration.
- XBRL jurisdictions and other XBRL WGs