Your membership goes to support:
- Technical development, testing and review of XBRL specifications by expert staff.
- Staff support for expert volunteer work in the design, development and testing of XBRL specifications.
- The technical and organisational infrastructure that helps ensure the quality and consistency of XBRL specifications.
- The governance functions that ensure that specifications are developed openly and fairly.
- Development and later maintenance of guidance materials in the new “Body of Knowledge” framework.
- New! Creation of XBRL training and certification standards, and authorisation of training and certification organisations.
- Maintenance and expert moderation of XBRL International member fora, answering your questions.
- Development and delivery of advocacy, outreach and education to regulators, accounting professionals, software vendors and businesses, worldwide, by XBRL staff.
- Development and hosting of XBRL International conferences and events by XBRL staff.
- Active engagement with significant number of related standards and regulatory environments to help improve reporting worldwide.
Global Reporting Work
- Support for the development and publication of agreed international definitions for key reporting frameworks
- Research into reporting technology and patterns to further develop the capabilities and utility of the XBRL standards and make reporting better.