XBRL International, Inc. is a global non-profit organisation which develops and maintains the XBRL standard worldwide. We are committed to protecting your privacy and this policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who contact us, visit our website, and/or attend our events, how we use it and whether we share it with others. This policy applies to all of our brands including XBRL International and Data Amplified.
How do we collect information about you?
We collect information about you when you correspond with XBRL International, become a member of XBRL International or one of our Jurisdictions, register to or contribute to one of our Boards/Working Groups/Task Forces, register for a website account, register to receive our newsletter, register to attend our events, or place an order for services. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete surveys or provide feedback. Website usage information is collected using cookies.
What information is being collected?
The personal information we collect may include, but is not limited to, your name, e-mail address, job title, the organisation(s) you work for, mailing address, contact phone number, your membership type where applicable, and when you order services or membership your billing information including credit card number and billing address.
We also use anonymized data to understand how visitors to our websites are using the sites.
How will we use the information about you?
The information we collect may be used to:
- respond to your requests and inquiries
- provide website access, mailing list access, access to collaboration tools
- determine eligibility for membership and volunteer opportunities
- carry out obligations arising from contracts entered into around services and/or membership
- seek your views or feedback on work done by the organisation
- send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about our activities, events or other promotions
- process payments for events, services and/or membership
We will process your Personal Data for the purposes identified above with the following reasoning:
- We have a legitimate interest in providing our events, products and services which you have requested or registered to receive, and sharing further information on those events, products and services.
- We have a contractual obligation with you which includes processing your information
- In some cases, where we have express consent to do so.
We will retain personally identifiable information as long as it is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Who will information be shared with?
We will never sell your information to third parties.
We may share your information with trusted third-party service providers for the purposes of operational activities such as billing and payment processing or sending newsletters. We may also share your information if we are under a legal obligation to do so.
What are your rights regarding your personal data?
We will not contact you unless you have provided express consent for us to do so, except in the cases where we have legitimate interest or we have a contractual right for the communication.
As a user you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed of the way we use your Personal Data
- The right to access and request the correction of incorrect information or erasure of your information
- The right to restrict and/or object to the processing of your personal data
- The right to not be subject to any decision making based on automated processing of your Personal Data
- The right to receive a copy of your Personal Data in a commonly usable format
To exercise these rights please contact us at email@example.com.
Links to Other Websites
XBRL International uses google analytics to help improve engagement and user experience for www.xbrl.org and www.dataamplified.org. We use anonymised data to understand how visitors interact with our site, including what they are looking for, what countries they are visiting from, what language they use and what device they are using to view our website. This information is evaluated to help us achieve our goal of providing useful information to our visitors to further the XBRL standard and our work at XBRL International.
Will your information be transferred internationally?
By providing us with your personal data, you acknowledge and agree that we may from time to time transfer any of your personal data to any of our offices or to the offices of any of our affiliates, agents or appointed representatives located around the world in conjunction with the purposes set out above. We have implemented appropriate safeguards for transfers of personal information originating from the European Economic Area (EEA) to countries located outside of the EEA.
Is your information secure?
We use reasonable measures to protect and secure the personal data that we collect. Any transmission of personal data is at your own risk. Technology such as, but not limited to, Secured Socket Layer (SSL) encryption is used to enhance security and reduce risk of loss. Our security practices do not guarantee absolute security of your information and you should take all normal precautions such as, but not limited to, not sharing passwords, closing browsers and not using public networks.