Practice Profile: Implementing Business Validation Rules
This topic focuses on alternatives available to incorporate business validation rules as part of the XBRL program. This document includes analysis and comparison of the alternatives and guidance for the implementers. This document is not intended to explain the technical implementation of the alternatives.
- Using XBRL for Validating the Reported Data
- Validation Process
- Defining Business Validation Rules
- Defining business rules in the taxonomy
- Defining business rules outside the taxonomy
- Deciding the Implementation Strategy
- Reference Implementations
- Further Reading
The full article is exclusively accessible to members of XBRL International.
Already a member?
Please log in using your XBRL username and password.
If you or your organisation is a member but you do not have an XBRL username and password, please register for an account.
Not yet a Member?
Join XBRL today in order to get access to exclusive content, and other membership benefits:
- Discounted conference attendance
- Access to our Global Commnuity
- Use of the XBRL logo to promote your products and services
- Early visibility and ability to influence new standards through Working Group participation
- Inclusion in our Tools and Services directory
Learn more about joining the consortium.