This paper describes the experience of the National Treasury of Brazil as it implemented Project SICONFI, an effort to modernize and improve financial reporting across federal, state and local governments in that country.
It provides a short history of legislation and laws governing financial reporting in Brazil,
the impetus for improvement and a technical overview of the use of XBRL GL to meet
the objectives of the project.
The paper concludes with a synopsis of the lessons learned from the effort and how the
National Treasury plans to use Project SICONFI as the basis for ongoing improvements to
financial reporting in Brazil.
The full article is exclusively accessible to members of XBRL International.
Already a member?
Please log in using your XBRL username and password.
If you or your organisation is a member but you do not have an XBRL username and password, please register for an account.
Not yet a Member?
Join XBRL today in order to get access to exclusive content, and other membership benefits:
- Discounted conference attendance
- Access to our Global Community
- Use of the XBRL logo to promote your products and services
- Early visibility and ability to influence new standards through Working Group participation
- Inclusion in our Tools and Services directory
Learn more about joining the consortium.