Login

Items tagged with "Australia"

Cityscape view of Sydney, Australia in evening.

UPDATE – Savings from SBR in Australia

In September we let you know about the projected A$1.2 billion in savings from Standard Business Reporting in Australia. Now the Australian Taxation Office Annual Report is out, confirming that amount, which is 50% greater than the original business case projections. That result certainly makes a compelling case for SBR, which has also been put to use […]

Read more


Hand of business man present chart or diagram of good governance

SBR Savings in Australia Soar

The Australian Taxation Office is projecting total savings in 2015-2016 from SBR to be a staggering A$1.1 billion.

Read more


Torso of a businessman is accessing the computing power and on-demand labor of two mobile plug-and-play workers via cloud. Technology concept for casual labor, minijobber and zero-hours contractor.

ASIC Pushes for more Data Sharing … and XBRL

The Australian ­Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC) thinks that increased sharing of data could ease reporting burdens on business and improve the agency’s ability to meet its regulatory objectives. We agree.

Read more


News Item
closeup of computer keyboard with tax return button

Australian Tax Preparers get SBR Deadline

The Australian Tax Office has begun transitioning preparers towards exclusive use of a new reporting channel that will further advance SBR in that country.

Read more


Australia SYdney city CBD with Harbour bridge at sunset with busy streets covered by cars at rush hour blurring headlights

SBR in Australia by the Numbers

The ATO recently published its annual report for 2014-2015, chronicling some impressive growth for the SBR program in the areas of taxation, business registration and pension reporting.

Read more


NSW Sydney Australia aerial of city skyline with Circular Quay  opera house and sydney harbour bridge 2004

iXBRL Shows Up Down Under

The Australian Securities & Investment Commission, as part of its efforts to “assist companies in dealing with the complexity of financial reporting and allow users to better navigate financial reports” now encourages companies to file financial reports in iXBRL, removing the need for separate lodgement of a PDF-format or paper financial report. Since July 2010, companies that […]

Read more


News Item
AU Coat of arms

Less Red Tape for Australian SMEs

 Australia has a Ministry of Small Business, and its chief – MP Bruce Billson – is embracing a plan by the National Australia Bank, calling for the abolition of Business Activity Statements, which are quarterly returns on Value Added Tax inputs and outputs. Billson also has Standard Business Reporting on his radar as another way to make […]

Read more


News Item
clound upload

Small Firms Benefiting from SBR

A guest editorial in The Age newspaper details red tape reduction efforts that will be of particular benefit to small and medium sized businesses. In addition to reducing tax filing requirements outright for almost 500.000 businesses, the article stresses the efforts of the Australian government’s use of Standard Business Reporting to reduce paperwork burdens, freeing […]

Read more


OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Abandoning the Paper Paradigm in Australia

Investors don’t want paper according to research by the University of Leipzig in Germany, with 96 percent of investors basing their investment decisions on information they find online (we assume the other 4% are using a dart board). And governments around the world are right behind them. According to Grant Hehir, Auditor-General of New South Wales, […]

Read more


News Item

Australia Accountants Support XBRL

In a joint submission, CPA Australia and the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia (ICAA) supported mandated use of XBRL for reporting with the stipulations that is be only for listed companies and with at least a five year implementation period. Read the article.   http://www.istockphoto.com/photo/currency-and-paper-money-of-australia-26324001?st=c61c6a0

Read more




Newsletter
Newsletter

Would you like
to learn more?

Join our Newsletter mailing list to
stay plugged in to the latest
information about XBRL around the world.